Sunday, 8 March 2015

#InternationalWomensDay | lifestyle


"Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." 
—Eleanor Roosevelt


Today I wanted to honour the amazing thing that is #InternationalWomensDay. I love that we live in a world where we now celebrate each other just because of who we are. I have been blessed to have many great women in my life, firstly my mum who is the best person I know, my grandparents who showed me how to bake and raise children, my one day to be sister in law who is like no other lady I know and has taught me so much about everything and my amazing friends who make me laugh, cry and everything in between and who inspire me everyday with their diverse creativity.

In recent years the feminist movement has grown so much and I am so proud of that, as being surrounded by so many amazing women I can't imagine us not having the same opportunity as like minded men just because of our gender. I am a feminist because of this, because I want my daughters to know they can do anything and not even be aware that there could be any barrier other than their own willingness. I also think it's important  to celebrate men and what they have achieved, but today it's all about the women. 

Feminism to me isn't a war between men and women, it isn't a crowd of hairy, braless women hating men, although if that's what you're into, that's fine. It's about men and women coming together and recognising equality in all things for everyone.

I hope you have all had a beautiful #InternationalWomensDay and are inspired by women as much as I am.

Who is the most inspirational woman in your life?

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel





No comments:

Post a Comment