Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Gemini Press Day, Sandwich | fashion


Last week I was invited to the Gemini Press Day and given the opportunity to see the upcoming collections for the clothing company Sandwich. I admit I hadn't heard of Sandwich before so was amazed to find out it was not only available in Gemini and online, you can find it in John Lewis and House of Fraser.

The even took place in The Arden Hotel in beautiful Stratford-Upon-Avon. I took the drive down with my forever sidekick Sally of RainyDayFaces and went straight to the hotel, which to say it is in the heart of this historic city is really easy to get to and has parking available for guests which would be invaluable for a few days away in Stratford.

We were greeted into the event, held in one of the hotels conference rooms, by the lovely Holly and Liz from Gemini Fashion. They were just as lovely in person as when I had been speaking to them via email and were really happy to help with any questions we had and let us dive straight into looking at the new collections.

Sandwich is gorgeous clothing company focused on quality for a reasonable price. When looking through the collections the beautiful choice of material is what I noticed first, not only did it seem really high quality, it was soft and comfortable and more than that, wearable. The soft viscose trousers were one of my favourites making a perfect half way point between formal and casual wear, I want to live in them all. We also had the opportunity to talk to the buyer of Sandwich and she was so helpful at explaining how the materials are chosen and why and even gave us tips on the best way to care for your garments and how to shop the best quality.

We also got to play with the new YSL collection and I maybe tempted into a new palette, as well as some gorgeous accessories also from the Sandwich line. My favourite thing about the line overall was the value, I would liked the line to Reiss, Whistles or Cos, simple good quality and classic, but the price is at a perfect point to treat yourself a little more often at around £28.00 for a large selection of pieces. 

Aside from the clothing line, it was great to meet some lovely bloggers I'd spoken to on twitter, in person as always. After all it's a blogging community and it's awesome to covert online relationships to IRL ones too and support each other, so shout out to Natasha from 'As Told by TashPants'.

Thank you so much to Gemini and Sandwich for inviting me and I look forward to seeing you all again.

Have you tried Sandwich before? Did you know it was more affordable that other brands in the same range and quality?

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel











1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to meet you! I loved the Sandwich collection.
    Victoria xx
    thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete