Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Cured, Brunch Review | lifestyle


Ever since my travels to America I have become a little bit obsessed with going for 'brunch'. Over there is it like a religion, every Sunday without fail thousands of people wait for hours to feast with their friends at a favourite restaurant which to me, seems like an amazing idea but the phenomena is yet to hit the UK. So, I have made it a little one woman mission to try and get Sunday brunch at least every other week with my friends.

Last Sunday we headed to West Bridgford, just outside Nottingham to visit Central Avenue's relatively new addition Cured. I had seen it all over twitter so knew I had to check it out and when noticing they did breakfast I though it would make a perfect spot to have brunch. The cute, two storey cafe, restaurant and bar mixes vintage charm with North American chic making a very unique but cosy atmosphere. Both levels have a bar so you won't be forgotten if you decide to hide away upstairs like we did.

There are a lot of options for breakfast on the menu from a little pastry to accompany you coffee, a delicious omelette or the full works, which I of course had to sample. I feel confident in saying I am a breakfast food connoisseur as it is one of my favourite kind of food, this makes me pretty critical of a full English, this however was one of the best, apart from my own of course, that I've had in a long while. At £7.00 you get a lot of food, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, sausage, bacon, toast and egg if you wish, they were even kind enough to swap my egg for Sal's mushrooms and tomato to avoid any awkward attempts to do so at the table.

We were all left absolutely stuffed, Bec had the omelette and said it was the perfect amount too. The bacon and sausage were delicious and cooked really well along with my favourite, mushrooms and tomato that made it a special full feast. We chose water and juices to go along side it which were also great and came from a large selection.

This is just one of the many gorgeous little places left undiscovered for breakfast so I would love for you to join me in bringing the brunch movement to UK shores, even if it is less pancakes and waffle sand more bacon and eggs.

Tips.
+ If you sit upstairs try and bag the window seat
+ Don't be afraid to customise your order as they're more than happy to accommodate
+ Enjoy one of the hot drinks with your meal

What is your favourite breakfast treat? Have you got a favourite brunch spot?

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel 





No comments:

Post a Comment