Wednesday, 7 January 2015

C&O's Trattoria, Venice Beach | travel



Venice beach was once of the biggest surprises for me on our recent trip to California, don't get me wrong I love quirky settings and unique indie restaurants, but after following Venice411 on twitter, which just for entertainment you should all do, I was worried about whether the craziness and crime that is published about Venice would out way its cool vibe. How wrong could I have been, and so my love affair with this little spot of the California coast line began and all at C&O's Trattoria.

If I hadn't heard about C&O's before we were on our trip, I really don't know whether I would have found it or even stepped in if I had found it, it's nestled on the boarder between Venice Beach and Marina Del Rey right up from the beach opposite Venice favourite Coldstone Creamery. I admit, I was drawn to the restaurant after seeing how fun it looked on multiple vlogger's trips where they would show the sing along to 'That's Amoré' and I knew I needed to experience that while we were close.

We made reservations and I would advise you do before your visit as it was full when we arrived and we went on a Monday night. We were sat on a beautiful spot under the stings on fairy lights and right by the fountain, where the fire heaters add the to ambience on the already warm California evenings. The staff instantly set the tone with their friendly approach and we were swiftly met with the world famous, or so they should be, C&O's bread balls, holy hannah these things are amazing, they should come with a warning because the minute your plate is empty, a fresh batch appears as if by magic. 

We asked our waiter for recommendations which he was very helpful with and just after ordering, my dreams came true when we were handed a card featuring the lyrics to the Dean Martin classic and you are transformed to Italy, singing along with everyone in the restaurant including the staff and they go around 'cheersing' each table, just thinking about it makes me smile and even if you're shy I guarantee you won't resist joining in.

After the plethora of carbs we had consumed and enough drinks and banter with our server to make for a perfect night it was time to head to the valet, not before grabbing an ice cream from Coldstone though, feeling full of all the makings of an amazing night.

Tips.
+ Prices average
+ Food incredible and amazing value, you will be taking a 'to go' box
+ Service, better than most
+ Atmosphere, like no other
+ Ask to sit outside when you make your reservation
+ If you want to park outside it is Valet only

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel





2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I LOVE Venice, next time I go I definitely will look for this little joint. It sounds just wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Katie
    http://amomentwithkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's a must honestly I know anyone would love it!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel x

      Delete