Saturday, 29 November 2014

Friendsgiving | lifestyle










 
A few years ago, well more that just a few now, one of my now beautiful best friends, landed in the UK all the way from sunny California. Shortly after her arrival she hosted her first Thanksgiving meal, non of us had ever been to one before, despite spending much of my childhood in America I was never there for the Holiday season, so we were all pretty excited.

The combination of a plethora of food, the warm festive colours and the fact all our friends could get together and create something so awesome and enjoy it together had me instantly sold on this Thanksgiving thing and thats before the introduction of Pumpkin Pie or the whole actual giving thanks part. So that year we decided it would become an annual thing and it's taken us to many places with many different people at the table every year and it's come to be one of my favourite days of the year.

As all of our families are English, we have adopted the 'Friendsgiving' label and in my head it's now like a Christmas with my friends as Christmas in my family is all about being at home. Traditionally Sophia, our very own Cali girl is the host, we have a full Thanksgiving feast and go around saying what we're thankful for like a real family. I am normally in charge of stuffing and Soph handles just about everything else. Like I said, this event has taken us to many places, but this year we were at home, unfortunately Soph was moving house, I know typical twenty something problems, but it didn't stop us. It definitely wasn't the same without the cosy house and turkey but next year we will 100% be back to the full celebration, but we still got together, we still gave thanks and talked about the past year and the future and I even attempted my first Pumpkin Pie, so for me that marks a success.

I seriously urge any of you who are from all over the world get together with your best friends and just be grateful together, spend some quality time together and share some delicious food. Friends giving is one my favourite traditions now I hope to carry on forever.

Until next time, 

Happy Holidays, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel

** On a side note I took my Camera without a battery so the horrendous quality comes courtesy of a broken iPhone.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love this idea! How nice to do something with your friends at this time of year, love it! I also adore The Riverbank, looked like the perfect venue for it as well xx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!.. It was lovely, I know The Riverbank is always a nice setting!

      Mel xx

      Delete
  2. this is SUCH a nice idea - definitely going to try and keep this in mind for future... Looks like you had a lovely time and i love the friendsgiving title! xx (also..how long has Vic's hair got?! wowwzersss)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading lovely, I know her hair is unreal! She refuses to cut it,

      Mel xx

      Delete