Monday, 27 October 2014

Pumpkin Patch Adventures, Farmer Copleys | lifestyle











For years, when this time of year comes around, I have looked longingly to all the US bloggers or Instagrams I follow at all the Pumpkin Patch festive fun they get to enjoy. I have never picked my own pumpkin straight from the ground before, or honestly even seen them growing at all and as this is my favourite season, it seemed appropriate I change that.

As soon as the weather went below 20 Degrees I was researching the nearest place to have the full experience, I found Farmer Copleys in Pontefract, West Yorkshire and recruited my favourite roadtrip buddy and set a date.

At Farmer Copleys they actually have a 'Pumpkin Festival' so went we down on that day and got the chance to have a Tractor ride around the whole farm and all the different pumpkin patches and they had lots of Autumn/Fall themed games around the patch too. 

Once we had chosen our perfect pumpkins which took longer than you might think, but that's the fun of it, comparing for the perfect size and shape, digging under the greenery to find ones people haven't turned over yet and seeing my first ever white, blue and green pumpkins you have the opportunity to carve them on the farm. They even had a local pet store bring down some animals for the children to see, I wasn't going anywhere near the Tarantulas though!

I had so much fun and definitely think it's a great was to get into the festive season. The best way to find pumpkin patches near you in on 'Pick your Own' websites or call local farm shops.

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel 



2 comments:

  1. Haha, that is so cute! I didn't know they did this in the UK actually, what a nice idea. Must take my little niece and nephew next year! xx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So fun, we were definitely some of the only ones without kids but was so fun! Why not!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel xx

      Delete