Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Black Swan Inspired Bold Halloween Makeup | beauty


Halloween makeup idea look two, is inspired by Black Swan, I say inspired because I made tiny little changes to make it a little more 'Halloweeny' whilst also being more wearable. I absolutely love this look, all takes on it and loved it as soon as I saw the film, part of me wishes this was acceptable daily makeup.



The main focus of this look is of course the eyes, but creating a pale base is also important. In my own look, I just mixed some of the white cream makeup in to an everyday foundation to create a less intense finish, I think this makes it a more wearable look if you didn't want to go too intense this year. I applied it using by usual foundation brush, the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and on top of a primer as usual as well. This is slightly different than the original Black Swan look, but I think it makes for a really pretty finish, with just enough Halloween edge.



For the eye, I didn't want to ruin any higher end products, so the MUA palette featured below was perfect to create all the flicks for the feathers. I took the Real Techniques Lip Brush, wet it then covered it in black shadow and drew the outline from the nose, across the top of the brow to the hairline and under the eye. This made it really easy then to fill in and create the other 'flicks' to build a feathered look, again a little different to the original look, I added a few different colours just make it a little prettier, I then filled in any gaps with a silver/grey shadow from Rimmel London. Finally I added some false lashes.



Next, lips and cheeks. I went with the classic bold red lip, this is a mix of Mac Rebel and Kate Moss for Rimmel London 107. I chose Mac Love Thing to contour as accentuating the hollows of your cheeks works really well for this look, but you definitely want to steer clear of bronzer. I then finished it off with lots and lots of Nars Albatross to give a gold finish and highlight the entire face.


Finally I brushed some white makeup through my hair and onto my chest to complete the look for Halloween.

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel


3 comments:

  1. This make up is absolutely amazing! I love your eye makeup, the use of the blues and whites, it's a true work of art!

    Rhiannon xxx

    Rhiannon Talks - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! I was really impressed actually how the different colour worked with it too. I wish we could get away with being this playful with makeup everyday!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete