Tuesday, 28 October 2014

A FABB Day in Birmingham, Blogger Event at The Custard Factory | lifestyle









This weekend I got the opportunity to go to FABB Events first event in The Midlands, I have been to many FABB Events before and even events put on by Ray and Tor before FABB but we have always travelled, mostly to Yorkshire so it was so exciting to have one right on our door step.

The event was hosted in Birmingham's up and coming Digbeth area at Alfie Birds in the Custard Factory. It was a great spot as not only was it really easy to get to from and outside of Birmingham, it was really cool to see this new space, full of areas for creators, independent shops and new bars and restaurants. It was also a great layout for the day, as it's over 4 floors it helped spread out the crowds of bloggers.







When Ray invited us upstairs, we had the chance to talk to all the brands, try some products and even got to take some of the products home to try so some of my favourites will be featured in upcoming posts.

This was a great opportunity to find out actually what each company stands for, how they makes their products and what goes into them. Sometimes, lesser known brands can be dismissed straight away so I was interested to hear from some companies I was curious about.




After exploring and talking to lots of brands and catching up with some friends I only really get to see at these events, as well as meeting in person some great bloggers I follow, I went down to see Charlotte from Crystal Clear Skin and volunteered to try some Microdermabrasion and an Oxygen Facial treatment.

As you can see I have a lot of acne scars so I was keen to see the difference, Charlotte just worked on one side of my face so I could easily compare the before and after. If you look into what this facial does it may put you off with the word 'needle' but honestly you can't feel it at all, the oxygen part is actually a little more uncomfortable, but still doesn't hurt. After it was done the difference in plumpness of the skin was crazy and it felt so smooth and still does even days later, I would say the scaring needs more sessions though, but I would still recommend.








Finally it was time to head home, but not before me, Sal, Leah and Charlie decided to have a little bit of a look around The Custard Factory. It was a Sunday evening so most areas were closed but it was still such a cool area to look at, full of street art and areas to explore, I would love to come back on a busier day and see what all the shops are like.

Thanks so, so much to Ray and Tor for another great event and to all the brands who we had the chance to speak to. I will be following up this post like I said earlier with other posts featuring some of the products I got to try and take home so keep an eye out.

It was also great to see some of the lovely girls I have met before through blogging or on twitter and have a chat.

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses,

Mel



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so much fun!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel xx

      Delete
  2. It was amazing afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other bloggers and brands.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was, Ray and Tor never let us down!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel x

      Delete
  3. What a fab day and I love your pics!!!

    www.bbyb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I tried to do the best I could without taking away from the day,

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel xx

      Delete
  4. It was so great to meet everyone. Your pictures are gorgeous and have made me realise...I missed cupcakes! Victoria www.thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, I know was fun to meet some people and catch up with some friendly faces too!

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel xx

      Delete
  5. What brilliant pictures you took! Stunning! Really brings to life a great event xx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank honey, you're too kind! So glad I finally got to meet you,

      Thanks for reading,

      Mel xx

      Delete
  6. Everything was spot-on perfect at our NY events. It was everything we hoped for - and more. And this was due in large part to their manager and the amazing staff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I loved reading your post on “FABB Day in Birmingham”; I feel you enjoyed a lot there. All the pictures you posted are so lovely. Well dear I am also going to attend best NY events; few of my friends are going with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Medical Microdermabrasion is intended for every skin types A single Medical Birmingham Microdermabrasion treatment can surgically cut off as many dead skin cells from the outer gathering of skin which a three glycolic treatments would require The treatment encourages greater than before cellular renewal which improves elasticity, overall texture and reduces signs of ageing The vacuum and medical grade crystal controls are buzzing, hence patients can tailor their treatment for their individual skin type needs http://rejuven8skinclinic.co.uk/treatments/medical-microdermabrasion-with-light-therpay/

    ReplyDelete