Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Macadamia Hair System, review | beauty

A while ago I was given this set of hair care samples by Macadamia at a blogger event, for some reason it took me ages to actually use them, but here is what I found when I did. 


I recently did a blog post all about my current hair, which you can read here. So, it was actually when I was wanting to give my hair a bit of a treat that I reached for the Deep Repair Masque and thought I may as well try the shampoo too.  


Although I wanted to give the whole hair system a go together anyway, as much as we like to convince ourselves its a marketing scheme, I do think products really work better when they are used together like they are supposed to be.


Another thing that drew me to the shampoo was the 3 claims it makes on the, 'colour safe', 'sulfate free' and 'paraben free'. I admit, I may have been dragged into the hype about how 'bad' these things are without actually doing any of my own research, yet. I also don't exclusively use products that list these qualities, however I figure it's a good thing to not use them as often. 


So my thoughts on the shampoo, it gave a really good lather, it smells amazing, like notably amazing, the kind where you just want to keep sniffing your hair and my hair felts soft and clean. It actually kept my hair feeling fresh for 2/3 days which for my fine hair is ridiculously good. Finally and most importantly for me, it didn't give me any issues with my scalp. I give it 4.5/5 , the extra .5 would be given if it keeps working this well after more uses. 


Next, on to the masque. I followed the instructions and left the masque on my hair for about 10 minutes, as I previously said I have fine hair so I just applied it to the ends to the nape of my neck. Just before rinsing I used the excess to massage my scalp and run through the tops of my hair. 

My hair was so soft, I don't know that it made it look silky or smooth which was something I hoped for, but I think it really did actually hydrate my hair and it didn't aggravate my scalp or leave any build up. It also smells beautiful like the shampoo and the scent stays in your hair for days. I give it 3.5/5, I want to try it repeatedly before I give it a higher score, but that's my first impression. 

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel

2 comments:

  1. I love the honesty of this review, it does sound like a very hydrating range which is good, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's important otherwise no one will trust your opinion definitely!

      Thanks for reading xx

      Delete