Saturday, 5 April 2014

Liebster Award | lifestyle


Getting comments on my blog is one of my favourite things about this whole internet community, I love talking with bloggers who I already follow and finding new ones through chatting on posts. A few days ago, I got one of the sweetest comments yet. It was from Victoria of Alf&Emilio saying that she had nominated me for a Liebster blog award. 

liebsterblogaward

If like me you've never heard of this before, a Liebster Award is an online award focused on sharing the love for and between up and coming blogs with less that 200 followers. (I used BlogLovin numbers) 

Bloggers pass on the award themselves to show appreciation and interest for their favourite smaller blogs. Before I even knew what the award actually was, having someone comment saying the word 'award' was very complimentary and lets face it makes you feel pretty cool, my favourite thing about this award though is it's all about community and building up the smaller bloggers. 

The rules for this award are as follows:

- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate five to eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award, however they must have less than 200 followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.

Victoria asked me:

+ How do you get your inspiration for your blog posts?

I have discovered over the last two years, you cannot force yourself to write something, my biggest inspiration is seeing things around me that I think are beautiful, interesting or worth sharing and just writing straight from the heart, so as cheesy as it sounds, my inspiration is just wanting to share pretty places, happy experiences or great finds to pass on the love. 

+ If I gave you $100.00 what would be the first thing that you bought?

The Whistles Leopard Pony Hair Slippers, I'm a bit obsessed. 

+ What are you most looking forward to at the moment?

Being reunited with my best friend in the whole wide world in my favourite country in the whole wide world. 70 Days. #californiadreaming. 

+ Where is you favourite place in the world to be?

My automatic answer is always California, but honestly anywhere outside on a summers night laughing with my best friends. 

+ Who is your idol/inspiration?

My idol has to be Jesus and no I'm not joking, but as for inspirations another cheesy answer but my mum. She is the most caring person on this planet and I genuinely don't know how she does all that she does in a day, everyday. 

+ Why did you start your blog?

As long as I can remember I have been in love with writing, it's all I have wanted to do and the thought of writing and people reading it was amazing, so after years of MySpace bulletins, Piczo websites and tumblr mumblings it was the natural next step. Plus I wanted a place where talking extensively about a lipstick or a tea room was perfectly acceptable. 

+ When was your fondest memory?

I have many that spring to mind all including laughter, friends and not a care in the world, but one I will share was February 2007. I was 15, ridiculously sleep deprived and in a foreign country without my parents for the first time, running through Paris at night laughing, screaming and all that's in between, getting to know a group of people that became my best friends and one person who I cannot imagine life without now. #snorkelsattheready

+ What is your favourite snack food?

McCoys Salt & Vinegar crisps. 

+ What would be your your idea of a perfect Sunday?

A lie in till 10, snuggles for another hour, a nice big breakfast then going on an adventure. 

+ What was the last product/item you bought?

Drinks, tonight.

+ One thing that you wish you could do?

Live out my life like my Pinterest boards, one day.  

Here are 11 facts about me:

I am 5ft3/4.
This summer I am travelling around America with my best friends.
I am a BIG planner but a poor doer. 
I have began basing maybe to much of my life on 'Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's free to wear sunscreen'.
I find people who don't like puppies or children very unsettling.  
I believe happiness is a choice. 
Every Monday I start a diet. 
I just got elected as President and Editor In Chief of my Uni publication. 
I sometimes find myself thinking in tweets rather than just normal thoughts. 
I want 4 children. 
I am terrified I won't get married and have children. 

I nominate these lovely people:


Questions I'd love you to answer:

What 3 things would you take to a Desert Island?
What song never gets old?
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Dead or Alive if you could have dinner with anyone who would it be?
Who was the first blogger you started following?
Do you still read them?
What's you spirit animal?
Have you ever hidden your blog from anyone?
Which 'Friends' character are you?
Where is next on your destination list?
Hopeless Romantic or Realist?

I really hope you find this post as much fun as I did and another huge thank you to Alf&Emilio for the nomination. 

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me, Mel! I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love discovering new bloggers! Thanks for coming to check mine out :) x

      Delete