Monday, 17 March 2014

A Walk In The Park | lifestyle



Oh the irony of being sat inside on a beautiful day liking inspirational quotes about being active and getting outdoors on instagram. I’m sure we’re all guilty one time or another, I definitely am, so this weekend I seized the opportunity to spend some time with my beautiful mother and we went to soak up some of this amazing British sunshine, because lets be honest who knows how long it’s going to last.


As glorious as the weather was, I don’t know how I would have felt about getting in freezing cold rapids, just yet anyway. These people clearly weren’t phased though, I love watching them and convincing myself one day I will be that cool and will spend my weekends enjoying a plethora of advanced water sports.



Once I had been dragged away from the rapids, we decided the 3.5 mile lake walk was the one for us this weekend, at this point I may have started to regret my thoroughly girlie footwear decision but I was up for it.




Ducks are my favourite. I may have also nearly taken an innocent cyclist out trying to get this picture, whoops.


No matter how old you are, don’t pretend you don’t instantly want to spend hours making daisy chains.



The place was so big I think we’re going to try and make it a little Sunday tradition and explore a little more.


More ducks because apparently I can’t get enough, but seriously how cute are these baby Canadian Geese.


I love being able to look back on where I have walked from and it seems miles and miles away. In reality, it was 3.5 miles away but you know.




We decided to take a small detour on the way back and make the walk a little longer, clearly the endorphins were flowing, not really but it did mean I would revert to being a child and collect some baby pinecones.



 I have been obsessed since I was a tiny, strange I know but I used to love keeping them on my window sill and watching them change, I blame my mum.



Then it was back to the car and home time, grateful for a lovely day.

Until next time,

Love&Kisses,

Mel


2 comments:

  1. As much as I love central London, sometimes I read things like this and long for the countryside. It must have been lovely on such a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it was a lovely day! Thanks for reading, and we all know London definitely has its perks :)!

      Delete