Wednesday, 18 December 2013

A quick adventure up North | travel

Hello Beautifuls, 

This past weekend I went on a little trip up North. I took the train to York to meet up with some family and just have a break in one of my favourite city's, so I brought my camera along with me and snapped along the way. 


It has been quite some time since I have got a train, for the most part if there is somewhere to park at my destination it's cheaper than getting the train. However, York being a tourist town its hard to find parking especially for an extended length of time I decided to embrace the adventure than is the train. 



I broke my phone before the trip so after the 15 minutes of free Wi-Fi ran out, I was left to enjoy the sunset. That's one of my favourite things about being a passenger, you get to enjoy the views. 



I love York station. This city is host to the National Railway Museum too so it only makes sense this cute station is full of character, including a Costa hidden inside an old carriage.


On arriving in York I headed straight into town to explore the little shops and catch up with the people I was staying with and go for some dinner before settling in for the night.


The next day we got up and did some more shopping and just looking at the lovely old town that is York. The Shambles and the Minster are such pretty spots to check out if you feel like just being a tourist for the day. 





After a morning of relaxing wondering we went to a restaurant called Plunkets right buy the Minster. It's such an odd but cool place, its a old traditional building with little modernisation but the walls are covered with iconic prints from music, fashion and film. 



The food was really good, simple pub type food and although it was really busy, like all places in York it was great service. 



The classic Betty's Tea Room was far too busy for us to visit this time and it was already time to head back home but hopefully I'll be heading there next time I go. 

Hope you enjoyed this little window to York, it's such a cute town but thanks to its student population has loads going on now too so if you're a southerner or not from the UK definitely check it out.

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel





No comments:

Post a Comment