Friday, 19 April 2013

My Travel Wish List | travel

Hello Beautifuls, 

Welcome to My Travel Wish List.

Travelling the world is a privilege that in these time is becoming more and more accessible. I couldn't think of a better way to find new people, discover new things about myself, see amazing places and make some memories along the way.

I'm at uni, which means I have a great blessing in 'the holidays' long breaks of time I can utilise to experience new things with no other commitment. I did take a gap year before I even went to uni for various reasons, but I actually worked full time. I don't regret this as it was good experience and I was no way near ready to travel back then, but hearing peoples stories of their 'Gap Year' I do feel either jealous, or shamefully naive of this world. 

So, this year, me and my best friends have decided to start saving and just go for it. There's 1000 places I want to go but here are my top 3, why I want to go and just a few things I would want to do whilst we're there. 

1. The USofA

 

 Why I want to go - This is a weird one, especially to be top of my list as I spent the majority of my childhood spring/summers here. My dad lived there and it was some of the best times of my life, but being young meant all the great experiences I was shown unfortunately fell by the way side. It would be like a homecoming, as well as it truly being the land of opportunity. 

Top 3 things I want to do/see - Travel down the west coast, Las Vegas and be the most touristy person in NYC.


2. Singapore


Why I want to go - I want to see the world, different cultures and open my eyes, but I will be the first to admit I am maybe not your typical traveller. So, a city with a vastly different culture teamed with ultra cleanliness, strict order and unparalleled infrastructure is like a haven for me. Plus, look how flipping beautiful it is in a futuristic way.

Top 3 things I want to do - Swim at the top of the Marina Bay Sands Skypark, Check out the world famous malls, The Singapore Botanic Gardens, a little tropical oasis in this crazy modern city.


3. EuroTrip

I cheated as this one is more than one place, but I want to spend a month hitting every key place in the countries across Europe.

Why I want to go - It's right on my doorstep and I have never seen so much of it, maybe I'll fall in love with somewhere new.

Top 3 things I want to do/see - For this one, there will be too many individual things so my top 3 places I  want to see, Vienna, Cannes, Rome.


This was just a small taste of the many, many places I want to see in the world and hopefully over the next year or 2 this wish list will turn into travel blogs. Actually putting it down in one post has reignited my excitement so I can't wait to get booking.

Thanks for reading.

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel










4 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Mexico.. I went to the USA, and it was incredible! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah, I've always fancied Cabo or Cancun myself xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to visit Vegas and the west coast of America!

    Alice ♥ alicekatex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is incredible isn't it! xo

      Delete