Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Luscious Locks w/ Neal&Wolf | beauty

Hello Beautifuls,


In previous posts I have mentioned my annoying little scalp is funny with change, almost all products and just about anything else. So when, I get Hair products to try out, I am always a little weary and worried that honestly, is not going to give a true representation, as I might have a different experience to the majority


This is why my review of these products from Neal&Wolf has been pending in my brain for about a month now. However, at The North Meet-up, I had the opportunity to talk to celebrity hairdresser Celeste who is a lover and user of Neal&Wolf products, not only in her salon but on herself, so it convinced me to dive in.

First up is the Daily Cleanse Shampoo & Conditioner.


The clue is in the name, Daily Cleanse. I found the shampoo to be super clarifying, I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week so love a real good clean. This did the job, but without feeling stringy or dry it felt actually super soft before even applying the conditioner. I wasn't crazy about the smell which does matter to me, but an overall great product. The Daily Conditioner, then complimented this perfectly by adding just enough moisture to create the balance between soft and too soft.


Next is the Smoothing Blow-dry Balm.


I'm normally and oil kind of girl, past the washing process I just add Argan Oil in to wet and dry hair, so this product was something new for me. Unfortunately the scent carries through the entire line, but it does calm down once in hair. I suffer from the dreaded frizz in my ends when drying my hair, so the promises of 'smoothing' appealed to me. I will say it felt like a leave in conditioner texture which sometime ways down my fine hair, but this worked well doing its job, I would say it can leave a feel like you've left in conditioner by mistake though. If you have thicker, dryer hair though I think this could be great for taming that.

Finally is the, Hold & Shine Spray.


The Hairspray. I'm not massively into non aerosol hair sprays, purely for the fact they often leave my hair crunchy. This however is an exception, it gave a light mist, some how combined with a strong hold that was also easy to comb out, I have only used this when my hair has been up, but I think it would do well taming baby hairs or breakage sticking up from roots. I have to add though, that scent is back and strong in this one.

It's hard to see but I just wanted to add as well, I like the fact the products are grouped into ranges depending on function such as, Ritual, Silk and Fix.

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel




No comments:

Post a Comment