Thursday, 7 March 2013

Stila Spring 2013 | beauty

Hello Beautifuls,



Stila is one of those brands that doesn't get much recognition here in the UK. I find the occasional product raved about on blogs and it has recently been released on sale in Boots. Still, I wanted to do this post because I saw last night, on instagram of all places, a picture on the new collections for Spring 2013.

The picture that drew me to look into the collection was this. 



The child in me was drawn in by the bright colours. Then the beauty girl in me was drawn in by the slight similarities to the marbleised effects seen in the, Mac Semi Precious collection I was slightly obsessed with.

As much as I love the bright colours and I definitely think they're a good move to draw attention, personally, I struggle to use them. Does anyone have any good tutorials on how to work these colours for spring summer?

After further investigation to the collection, it wasn't the eye shadows that I wanted. Its was these beauties.



From the read up I assume they are the first lipsticks by Stila.

Say hello to Stila lipsticks! A modern take on traditional lipstick, these creamy lip colours provide a full load of pigment with the nourishing properties of a balm. '

I was excited because not only am I a self confessed lippy addict. I'm a long term balm addict too. I can't stand a lipstick in a great colour that looks cracked and chapped within 20 minutes of wear. Also, as I live in the UK, I haven't been able to get my hands of any of the Maybelline BabyLips collection.



I would say the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters are similar to what the Stila release will be like. Its always fun to have more variety though! So if anyone has tried these let me know how you found them and how they compare to the Maybelline and Revlon alternatives.

This new Spring 2013 collection by Stila, also boasts, new eyeshadow trios and various new eyeliner products. Check it all out here.

Until next time, 

Love&Kisses, 

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment