Tuesday, 19 March 2013

MakeUp Storage | beauty


Hello Beautifuls,

Makeup storage is one of my biggest pet peeves. Whether I'm cleaning, reorganising or just generally trying to find the best way to make it work. I've tried to put it in drawers, boxes on top of my dresser, baskets, I even tried cutlery dividers. 


The issue is, like most ladies, men, students, professionals, young, old, middle aged people, in todays world there never seems to be enough time. When it comes to getting ready in the morning, the last thing I want to be doing, is fumbling around trying to find the right colour powder or my best mascara. This meant whatever storage I chose needs to be functional, as well as serving my OCD of looking neat.

My current makeup storage I have settled on, wasn't the most practical to start with. It began as a short term solution whilst moving but I grew to like it.


Its simple but effective. I've split my makeup into four categories, labelled the boxes and put different makeup in accordingly. I try to keep the boxes organised but sometimes that doesn't happen either, whoops.




I keep the boxes right next to my dresser so if I want anything they are right on hand and with them being labelled it makes it easier to find. However, simplifying it further for those days when it's extra busy, or even a go to, when you need to run out to the gym or something, I keep an everyday makeup bag. In here I keep the products I've been using most frequently so if I don't have time to think up a different look, I know there is everything I need in that bag.


Finally, I bought a pigeon hole unit which is actually for DVDS, but I love the way it looks displaying  my daily essentials. I keep my brushes, my favourite nail polish, jewellery, perfume and cotton wool in it. I love that it's really accessible and this is probably my favourite part of my makeup storage.


Until next time, 

Love&Kisses,

Mel




8 comments:

  1. You've given me some good ideas! I have a tonne of shoeboxes! Thanks so much x
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you!

      Shoeboxes is such a good idea! I might try that if I need more space,

      Thanks for the comment,

      Mel

      @MelKateB

      Delete
  2. The pigeon hole idea is so good, it looks so tidy and professional! I need some organisation, might take a leaf from your book and get storing!

    Chels :)

    humblehonesty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!

      No, honestly take the idea, I love it and it looks nice too!

      Thanks for reading xo

      Mel

      @MelKateB

      xo

      Delete
  3. your storage is so cute! You have so much makeup im envious!!
    Meg
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you're so nice! Thank you, and I know its a habit, eek!

      Mel xo

      Delete
  4. Ooh never thought about this storage idea! I really want the acrylic make-up storage but haven't found any that are reasonably priced yet!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, theyre crazy priced & I'm not too sure why. This is a good alternative xx

      Delete