Sunday, 24 March 2013

FOTD Sparkles&Pink | beauty

Hello Beautifuls, 

Today I wanted to share my getting ready with some of the lovely people, who read this blog or follow my YouTube, the video will be at the bottom. 


I was meant to be off to party with some fellow beauty bloggers up at Sam of WhenFlowersFall 's house. However me and Sal of RainyDayFaces got stuck on the motorway, thanks to the beautiful Spring England has delivered us, inches of snow. Despite missing out on a Friday night with the girlies, at least I can share the look on here, I guess this makes it not a total waste.

My whole outfit today, maybe optimistic in the snow, was bright, pastels and just quite girlie. I decided to do a soft bright eye, with pink lips to stay with the theme.

Base:

I decided to keep the base really simple, I didn't even go with a bronzer or a blush. I just evened out skin tone using foundation, concealer and powder. I should say although I wanted to keep it bright, I didn't opt for highlighter at risk of looking like a glitter ball when combined with the eye makeup.



Moisturiser - Nivea, Daily Essentials
Primer - Smashbox, Photo Finish
Foundation - Mac, Studio Sculpt NC20
Concealer - Mac, Studio Finish NC20
Powder - Mac, Mineralise Skinfinish Natural, Medium

Eyes:

For eyes, I chose my usual tones of gold and bronze. However to keep it really girlie, I went with a strongly glitter pigmented pink for the inner, under and brow bone sections of my eyes. Using such a bright, sparkly shadow really brought light around the eyes and cheeks and lifted the whole look. Completed with length over volume for the lashes.



Brows - Mac, Satin Brun 
All over lid base - Bourgeois, Stretch in Blanc 01
Lower lid and along upper and lower lash line - Mac, Era
Crease - Mac, Concrete
Blended up to brow bone - Benefit, 
Brow bone, under eye and inner eye - MUA, Dusk til Dawn Pallette, top row 1st, 3rd and 4th
Mascara - Estee Lauder, Sumptuous Black

Lips:

Tying in the entire theme I went with super subtle, pink and glossy for the lips.



Base - Rose&Co, Rose Petal
Lipstick - Mac, Cremesheen Creme Cup 
Lipgloss - Mac, Plushglass Fulfilled

Until next time,

Love&Kisses, 

Mel

2 comments: